expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday, September 18, 2017

Falling In love with me

Falling in love with myself has always been a foreign concept to me. Each time I looked in the mirror I didn't see my bright blue eyes that hold secrets as deep as the ocean or my lips that like to whisper "I love you". I see the width of my thighs and the acne that makes my heart feel as though I can't be beautiful without makeup. But, learning to love yourself is far easier than I used to believe.

Someone turned to me the other day and told me "When I see a beautiful girl walk into the room, I focus on how her beauty doesn't take away from mine, its just another beautiful person in the room with a soul louder than anyone could ever imagine." That hit me hard. That changed me forever.

Loving yourself isn't a step by step process but a change of mind set. My smile is just as bright as the girl next doors even though I haven't been to the dentist in over two years. My heart aches like hers and I can yell "CHEERS" just as loud. I am beautiful just being myself.

I have accepted myself for who I truly am.

Now I can flourish.

2 comments:

  1. Still writing. I like that, and I like that you like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete