expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday, February 21, 2016

B R I C K S

I built a brick wall once.

There was a total of five bricks.

Brick #1

It all started when I was three years old and I fell off my bike for the first time.

Brick #2

When I ten someone told me I was fat.

Brick #3

When I was twelve my parents got divorced.

Brick #4

When I was fourteen I moved and ate lunch in the bathroom everyday for six months.

Brick #5

When I was sixteen I started comparing myself to other girls and not feeling good enough.

But one day I found people tearing down my wall.

One brick at a time.

Brick #1

I woke up one day to my single mother making me pancakes while singing and dancing and yelling “I LOVE YOU.” And thats when I realized how happy she really was. Even without a husband.

Brick #2

The cutest boy in school messaged me and told me he thought I was pretty.

Brick #3

I went on a drive with someone and I told him everything and he told me he thought I was the strongest person he’s ever met and that even when I cry I’m beautiful.

Brick #4

One day I said something that made one of my friends laugh so hard that water came out of her nose.

Brick #5

My sister came and watched movies with me when I was sick instead of hanging out with her friends.

And all of the sudden I found my wall was completely gone.

But, with each passing day a brick gets put up and taken down and sometimes my wall is way too high and sometimes there is no wall at all.

I think life will always be that way…

Bricks will be put up.

And taken down.

But I think the purpose of it all is to help people destroy their walls.

One brick at a time.

4 comments: