expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, February 6, 2016

The Social Media Crisis


Social media is not a friend. 
Social media is not an enemy. 
Social media is simply a comfort zone
A place unlike any other place. 
A place that takes your heart and breaks it a little bit every time that girl from next door gets more likes than you do. 
A place where you're defined on how many people click on your status and like what you have to say. Why do we feel the need to even have people like what we need to say?
The world isn’t always pretty and neither are our thoughts but the words on that twitter page say other wise. 
A world of fake people who use filters to feel beautiful and likes to feel wanted. 
Social media is a comfort zone that has torn us apart from reality and weakened our human communication. 
I just want to talk to you. 
I don’t want you to check your snapchat when I am mid sentence. 
I don’t want you to scroll through instagram when I am crying to you. 
Stop texting and listen to me. 
I’m sad. 
Please just listen. 
I don’t care if you need to text that cute boy from AF back. 
I don’t care that you got a snapchat from your best friend and its probably a funny picture of her cat. Put your phone down and talk to me. 
Be in this moment with me. 
Kids look at there phones more than they look at their parents and boys don’t come to your door to ask you out anymore. 
We have truly lost ourselves in this mess of the internet. 
Snapchat feels essential and instagram feels more important than our families do. 
The sad thing is…..none of us are ever going to delete it. 
Even me.

1 comment:

  1. Okay I didn't see this one before and just wow. This is amazing, and so true it's sad. I want to steal every line, this is so good. Freaking snaps to you.

    ReplyDelete